Thank you for choosing Merrimack Valley Endoscopy Center for your care.
Here’s how you can prepare for your Endoscopy procedure:
Preparing for your procedure
Your physician has scheduled you for a procedure in our Endoscopy department. If your physician has prescribed a preparation prior to your procedure, please be sure to take all of it to ensure your procedure is successful.
Arriving at Merrimack Valley Endoscopy Center
Please arrange to have a family member or family friend who is a licensed driver available to drive you home from your procedure. You will not be allowed to operate a motor vehicle for 24 hours after undergoing any procedure that requires anesthesia.
Please park in the municipal parking area directly across the street from our office at 1 Parkway, Haverhill and enter at the main entrance. Merrimack Valley Endoscopy Center will be directly in front of you as you enter.
Check in at the registration desk where you will be greeted and you will complete your insurance information.
You may then go to take a seat. You will be notified promptly for your procedure. Once you are ready to leave, the endoscopy staff will notify your driver so they may take you home.
What to bring
- Your health insurance card.
- A photo ID such as your driver’s license.
- Your completed medical history form including list of all medications you are currently taking.
- Patient release form (endoscopy patients)
What to leave at home
- Money, checkbook and credit cards. (If you need these for your co-pay or deductible, please ask the person accompanying you to keep these items during your procedure.)
- Any other valuables such as cell phones, lap tops, etc.
- Most endoscopy screening procedures are covered by health insurance. If it is necessary to remove any tissue during your screening, this additional procedure may require a separate co-pay. Please check with your health insurance provider if you are unsure what is or is not covered under you policy.
Patient Prep for Colonoscopy
Patient Prep for Gastroscopy ( Upper Endoscopy)
- MVEC Website Gastro (upper endoscopy) Prep Packet (eng)-2016
- MVEC Website Health Questionnaire (eng)-12-2016