Self-care is simple; it encompasses a few basics that, when added together, make you a happier, more centered person. It is learning to find the right balance, especially when work has gotten you into the habit of blowing off a meal or skipping exercise, all while burning the midnight oil. You’re going to crash. It’s not a matter of if but a matter of when.
Below are 10 ideas about how to add self-care into your work life:
- Get up, stretch, and move.
- Snack smartly (nutrition plays a huge role in your ability to cope with stress).
- Take three deep breaths at key intervals or critical moments throughout your day.
- Journal for one minute about a positive experience at work each day.
- Take a walk during your lunch break.
- Make a playlist that motivates you.
- Write down three things that you are grateful for at work. Give yourself a few activities away from the computer.
- Do some yoga poses.
- Have lunch with co-workers outside the office.
It is good to care about others, but you should not forget to care for yourself. This means doing the things you enjoy and making time to do them every day.